FREE ADMISSION TO DAVID MAMET'S RACE AT THE STATE THEATRE

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hello guys,

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was quiet and boring but after the excitement of all the public holidays that is a very welcome turn.

What are you up to this weekend? If you've got a free evening this month, there's a play running at the State Theatre in Pretoria until 28 April.  Pulitzer Prize winning playwright David Mamet's contentious 2009 play Race is touring South Africa starring an all star cast including Hlomla Dandala, Michael Richards, Graeme Hopkins the inimitable Nondumiso Tembe, South Africa's hard working rep in Hollywood. She's the one that was in Season 4 of HBO's True Blood, which is just one of her many accomplishments at at 27.


The play’s riveting plot revolves around two partners in a law firm, one African-American and one white, and their young, African-American law clerk, who are debating whether or not to take the case of a wealthy white man accused of raping an African-American woman. The plot unfolds as the three

lawyers and defendant grapple with the evidence of the case and their own feelings about race. The play, like the case, is not open and shut. I won't divulge anymore because I don't want to spoil the surprise for myself either.


Now, believe it or not, I happen to know someone who said that I can invite my readers to come and watch the play for free if you just ask to be on the guest list by submitting your name and details to this email address commscord@playhousecompany.co.za yes free, until next week Monday. Otherwise here are the play times:

Wednesdays: 12:00 and 20:00 - R80 a ticket
Thursdays - Saturdays: 20:00 R80 on Thursday and R100 for the Weekend shows.


1 comments:

Anatswanashe said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.

Business Lawyers Johannesburg

Post a Comment