THE WAY THINGS ARE

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hello internet friends

You will have noticed that I'm posting less and less these days. It's simply that time of the year.  The year is coming to an end, there are things that need to be finished before the end and suddenly, time is elusive.  I am also exhausted and I'm not sure if it's because it's genuine or if it is influenced by the empty roads and out of office auto-response replies I'm getting to most of the emails I send. Either way, between the little time and exhaustion, I've also found that I have little to say.  I'm in waiting mode.  And when I don't have a move to make, my general stance in life has been to wait it out until something truly ignites the motivation in me to speak and to share.  Right now, there's nothing.  I've been watching Boardwalk Empire and Mildred Pierce and my mind is kind of stuck Prohibition and post Depression America.  I'm not taking a formal holiday, I will remain in Joburg taking it easy but not necessarily pulling the plug.  So content will be less quantity but probably more quality as I am usually rewarded for my patience in waiting for something.  For now, these are the only images I have seen of late, that garner a share. 






These are the first ever and only pictures of lightning that I have ever seen.  Taken by William Jennings circa 1885.  He was to be instrumental in developing the flash in photography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment