WHY I LOVE JOBURG reason #3128449

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Watch this video



When I got on the plane from Cape Town to Joburg last Friday (after spending 7 freezing days there), I saw that Zaki Ibrahim's video for Go Widdit had launched that day.  I got goosebumps in the first 3 seconds of watching it and they were stuck on me until the end of the video.  At the end of it, I thought goodness who directed this video, it's really good. South African music videos are usually just ok.  

When I saw that it was directed and produced by people that I know: the dear Zandi Tisani of www.nobodiesbusiness.co.za Laurence Hamburger, Mpho Masango and photographer Liam Lynch, I realised how much I had missed every single molecule of Joburg energy, the people, the scene and just being in a city that sits on a mother fucking gold mine.  I love this song, I love the Vintage Cru, this dance crew and everything about the moment when I landed and it was 27 degrees outside.  

6 comments:

Lauravanmeer said...

OMG I have just discovered your blog, I love it, it's great.

NobodiesBusiness said...

And reason no 312 850 is because you're here.
Viva jozi!
NB

NobodiesBusiness said...

AMEN to that!!
and its nobodiesbusiness.tv ;)

Unknown said...

Wooow, esta genial, la incluiré a la lista de reproducción de mi blog. Gracias por compartir. Saludos desde http://jualferx.blogspot.com/

Milisuthando Bongela said...

Should I still change it to nobodiesbusiness.tv cos this link with the co.za takes you straight to the video! I think we should have a drink just to celebrate this occasion!

Milisuthando Bongela said...

Hey Laura van Meer! Welcome to my world! Thank you

Post a Comment