KEMANG WA LEHULERE SOLO EXHIBITION

Monday, August 6, 2012



I know I'm not the only one that is counting the hours until 18h00 on Wednesday 8 August 2012.  The Stevenson Gallery in Braamfontein, Johannesburg will have the much anticipated (at least by my circle of people) first solo exhibition of artist Kemang Wa Lehurere.  At 28, Kemang has been in a group exhibition at his New York Gallery, the New Museum (not a small deal in any way) and now is back home after a 3 month residency in Switzerland to exhibit a collection of works called ''Some Deleted Scenes Too''.    His media include drawings, performance and text.  I don't know what to expect for Wednesday but I do know that one day when I have enough money to buy art, I will definitely own one of his works.  The above images are part of the show he had in New York, called ''Remembering The Future of a Hole as a Verb''.  Find out more about Wa Lehulere' and his work here

1 comments:

Nomali Cele said...

I love him. I would like to experience his work in person one day

Post a Comment