Primary Rules

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

While her work is very respectable, I can't say I care much for American Vogue.  In this instance, I am more concerned about the amazing colour composition in this photograph, taken by Tommy Ton. Desperately trying to find out who that top is by.  Anyone?  This image reminded me of Marimekko prints for some reason.  

Let me not pretend that I've always known about them.  I had to phone Doreen to ask her what that print is on her dishcloths is, which she told me.  I then went on Wiki and found that the famous primary colour prints are by a Finnish company called Marimekko, founded in 1951.  You can google the rest for yourself, but before that, take pleasure in looking through these beautifully printed items from the website.  They do everything from clothing to ornaments in these prints. 






If I had all the time in the world, I would have downloaded the product from their website but it was way too slow.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its the Marni window pane dress that she is famous for. I have seen her wearing it a few times.

http://www.makeupandallthingsnice.blogspot.com ♥

Ms K said...

wow, I love it - had never heard about them before either!
http://www.africanprintsinfashion.blogspot.com/

Keri said...

OMG
How have I not seen your blog before ...
So wonderful
Thank you

Got any tips for places to restore my sanity in JHB after 5 days of Decorex?

Post a Comment