TERRY CLAIRE

Friday, May 25, 2012


Look as hard as you can at this cover.  There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, there is everything right with it.    I remember having the age old heated discussion of why these local glossies don't put South Africans, especially black women on their covers with the Fashion Director of Marie Claire last year while we were away together.   Well it seems my ferocious tet-a-tet was not in vain.  I mean they pretty much didn't have a choice after she was made a cast member of the Bold and the Beautiful.   Now watch the rest follow this lead. Nice work Marie Claire. 

Last night I went out and ended up sleeping at a friend's apartment because we made the choice, note my use of the word choice as if it was informed, to instead of go home like everybody else after Great Dane was closed, go to Steers and serenade the kitchen staff with Peabo Bryson's ''A whole new world'' while reading the lyrics off a cellphone.  I am battling to see straight or sit up as a result of going to bed at about 4.30 and waking up to realise that it's a 9 - 5 kind of day. FML. So tonight, I shall get myself a copy of this here magazine and curl up with it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment