MY NOMINATION FOR MOST BEAUTIFUL OBJECT IN SOUTH AFRICA

Monday, February 13, 2012

Late last year, I got a call from the people at Design Indaba (International design expo held in Cape Town each year) which is happening from 2 - 4 March 2012.  They wanted me to nominate something for the annual Most Beautiful Object in South Africa award that is awarded to one of 10 objects nominated by prolific people in various fields to do with design.  I was pretty stoked that they thought of me and I was like, this is gonna be one smooth walk in the park. No it wasn't. We went back and forth trying to find the perfect object, not only in fashion. But in the end, I had to choose between these two pieces, which reduced me to a tremble when I saw them at Suzaan Heyns show last year.



I adore both the fishscale dress and the jackets and hats but in the end the dress is what you can vote for if you happen to attend the Design Indaba this year.  Well, that's obvioulsy if you like the dress as much as I do. Which I hope you dzizy. That's ''do'' for those who don't speak hip hop. These amazing pictures were taken by my clever friend, Chris Saunders

0 comments:

Post a Comment