Livin la vida late nights!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

OMG what a week! I'm in Cape Town and thought I would have had more time to sit at my computer doodle on the net but there's no such thing.  I came here to do a bit of fashion journalism behind the scenes at a Woolworths shoot - they are shooting a commercial for their new and improved RE collection but it's only coming out later in the year! It was very exciting and I got to interview a very special girl, but I can only reveal all later this year.  My exhaustion is a combination of a lack of sleep and late nights under the auspices of work, which actually it is. Here'w what I got up to last week.

From left to right, Siphiwe Mype, Deputy Editor of GQ Magazine and Kojo Baffoe, Editor of Destiny Man

 Nicola Suter from the MTN Innovation Centre, Sylvester Chauke from MTV and on the fore right, Daniel Friedman
MTV's Sizwe Dhlomo
MTV's Bianca Miles
The Sunday Times Lifestyle Editor, Lerato Tshabalala

The fabulous Maria McCloy from MTV
From left: MTN Chief Marketing Officer, Serame Taukobong, Alex Okosi, Managing Director at MTV Networks Africa

My journey to exhaustion started on Tuesday night.  I was invited to a Dinner/Media event for the launch of a new show on MTV Base called  MTV Base Meets...with MTN, where MTV Base has collaborated with MTN to bring you a show about young Africans who are filmed meet with and interacting with businessmen like Sir Richard Branson and the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangute, politicians like Julius Malema and heads of state including Liberia's Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Rwandan President Paul Kagame.  What made this special for me is not only sitting at a table with really cool people, but because one of the young people who were interviewing the leaders is a girl I used to go to school with, Pokuaa Banson.  I'm sure all Clarendon girls (the school I went to for 8 years) will remember dynamic Pokua, whom I last saw when she was about 14 - it was such a pleasure watching her give Julius Malema a bit of a hard time.  The show, which also features Joburg comedian and writer, Daniel Friedman, will air across Africa on 18 July on MTV Base.  Besides being there for a fantastic reason, I had a superb time with wonderful the people in the pictures.  The space was not too shabby too, a French style Chateau deep set in Sandhurst.


This is the entrance to the Chateau 

Where we had a delicious 3 Course Dinner

The Library. I managed to sneak into the other parts of the Chateau - I wasn't allowed to see more places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment