Fashion goes to The Louvre

Monday, January 17, 2011



Jeurgen Teller, ze German photographer who is most famous for being the magic gold dust factor to Marc Jacobs' ad campaigns (Dakota Fanning, Daisy Lowe, Victoria Beckham have been models), has a new exhibition called Paradis at the Johann Konig Gallery in Berlin.  I don't know how his people managed this, but these gritty images of a naked Raquel Zimmerman and Charlotte Rampling (actress, I din't really know about before this) were taken in the one and only Louvre Gallery in Paris.  How many people can say they have frolicked around the greatest gallery in the world naked, and taken a pic in front of the Mona Lisa? I like this because it's a clear indication that snooty art people can actually loosen up and acknowledge that fashion is a form of art. The exhibition is from 15 - 29 January and I so wish I could go. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment