70 on Juta Launch

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I spent my Sunday afternoon amidst a group of super stylish Joburgers at the launch of 70 on Juta Street in Braamfontein. I was actually going there to Vuyiswa Motshekwane's Twenty Two store launch, but when I arrived - it was a lovely mix of our village's most fashionable. Twenty Two is a small emporium that stocks various South African designers such as Tee and Whiskey, Take Care and Selfi. Designer Lisa Jaffe also launched her six week pop up shop, Guillotine along with The Fake Sartorialist's digital print postcards. I was surprised to see David Tlale there - he's moved from his premises in Parktown to this new shop. But I was too busy having fun to be my journalistic nosey self so I'm sure these guys are yet to send out a press release to tell us who is behind this and what future prospects we can look forward to.

The hostess with the mostest - Vie, the owner of Twenty Two and every sweet tooth's wetdream - a white chocolate fondue machine

Nana trying on one of the gloves at the Lost and Found viewing and another gaged animal at Guillotine - yum


The clothing rails at Twenty Two and the stylish courtyard outside the shop

David Tlale and his friend, Mpho and DJ Dave

Accomplices # 1 and 2 - my friends Marion, Nana and Palesa

Accomplice #3 and Amy from Lost and Found

Shopping at Twenty Two

Photogs taking pics of each other. There were plenty of snapparazzi's around

Cupcakes at Lost and Found viewing

The courtyard

Eduardo aka The Fake Sartorialist with his designer prints

Eduardo and actor Lindiwe Matshikiza


I'm not sure what shop this is, but I like the posters


I never thought I'd see one of these in Braamfies...a florist


While everything was taking place at 70 on Juta, artist Billie Zangewa was quietly having an exhibition at Afronova's new premises


I loved these caged fishbowls at Guillotine

0 comments:

Post a Comment